Original Post
Just playng Red Alert 2 the other day and seeing every one explode while having tons of explosive barrels just nearby I thought could those have any other purpose than to lower difficulty on lower level campaing missions.
Mostly in strategy games I was taking risk while trying to predict enemy's actions and building countering units and maybe loose to find out that he was only making money at that time and later that payed him off... Barrels for example would be a risk when you know what you are getting: at the place of barrel's deployment you're units are stronger, but if you let that barrel be detonated, you will loose them.
I'm writing this post, because I am developing a strategy game (probably turn based) and want to know: how complex should a strategy game be, while still being fun to play?
Mostly in strategy games I was taking risk while trying to predict enemy's actions and building countering units and maybe loose to find out that he was only making money at that time and later that payed him off... Barrels for example would be a risk when you know what you are getting: at the place of barrel's deployment you're units are stronger, but if you let that barrel be detonated, you will loose them.
I'm writing this post, because I am developing a strategy game (probably turn based) and want to know: how complex should a strategy game be, while still being fun to play?