Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Crashing

Started by kitkit Nov 5, 2010 at 8:00 AM 8 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
kitkit
kitkit
Hi all!

I had installed Visual Studio 2010 ultimate.
It crashes when I try to create a new project, to open any menu.

My computer configuration is:

- windows xp sp3
- vs2003
- vs2008

How can I fix it?

----------------------

kit

_Unicron_
_Unicron_
We are gonna need a lot more information than that. Are you getting any error messages? Is this creating any project?.....
kitkit
kitkit
It crashes with no messages, no error, no information about any error on log of visual studio. VS just closes after I try to do anything - create new project, goto main menu.
----------------------

kit

Brian Sandberg
Brian Sandberg
Have you tried

devenv.exe /resetsettings
or
devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

I had my settings somehow become corrupted in VS2008, causing weird crashes, that were fixed with that.
kitkit
kitkit
>szecs
>Is it a legal version?

Yes

----------

>Brian Sandberg
>Have you tried
>devenv.exe /resetsettings
>or
>devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

>I had my settings somehow become corrupted in VS2008, causing weird crashes, that were fixed with that.

Yes, I tried it. Result was the same.
----------------------

kit

kitkit
kitkit
I have fixed it!!!! Two days!

So,

You should turn off debug directx mode. :)

----------------------

kit

jpetrie
jpetrie
I have no problems with enabling the debug runtimes (and you shouldn't either). Something else is wrong at a more fundamental level if that causes you trouble.
Faelenor
Faelenor
Quote:
Original post by kitkit
>szecs
>Is it a legal version?

Yes


Then, you're probably better ask Microsoft directly.
kitkit
kitkit

Maybe it's only with my graphic card. I don't know. I tried to debug visual studio by another (vs2008 + attach to process) and see that vs 2010 cannot create sampler. - d3d error.

Quote:
Original post by jpetrie
I have no problems with enabling the debug runtimes (and you shouldn't either). Something else is wrong at a more fundamental level if that causes you trouble.


----------------------

kit

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.