Original Post
I have been trying to figure out what the difference is with binary and text file Input and Output.
I outputted a file in both binary and text mode. then I opened the in notepad and the result is the same. also the file size is also the same.
What are the advantages of using binary over text more?
Also for some files such as 3d max models, when you open them using notepad, you get random symbols. the 3ds max fileformat is written in binary mode.
but the .obj file format is written in text format. so when you open it in notepad, you can see exactly everything.
how come my output in binary mode doesn't have random symbols and why is the filesize the same?
I outputted a file in both binary and text mode. then I opened the in notepad and the result is the same. also the file size is also the same.
What are the advantages of using binary over text more?
Also for some files such as 3d max models, when you open them using notepad, you get random symbols. the 3ds max fileformat is written in binary mode.
but the .obj file format is written in text format. so when you open it in notepad, you can see exactly everything.
how come my output in binary mode doesn't have random symbols and why is the filesize the same?