Original Post
No doubt both are very amazing, but I'm stuck in a dilemma on which should I build my new game on?
I know flash is very good for animations and with ActionScript3, the programtical side of flash games have become a lot better as well. But the problem being that it is horrible for accessibility users, and the change in different flash versions I heard is also a bad issue.
javascript on the other hand, is very accessible and doesn't depend on anything but the browser (+ javascript being on). It is also really fast in the majority of browsers (excluding IE < 8). And when based off a library like jQuery, it has a pretty damn good chance of working the same on most browsers. But the problem with JS is that it is much easier to find and exploit bugs, "cracked", (especially with editing JS on the fly) + not the best for various animations (ex: random smoke).<br><br>So as you may see by now, they both have pros and cons, but I don't know which one will cause more problems in the future.<br><br>I'm going to be a building an isometric game, the basic concept will be: building blocks, various objects moving across the grid, and several animations.
I know flash is very good for animations and with ActionScript3, the programtical side of flash games have become a lot better as well. But the problem being that it is horrible for accessibility users, and the change in different flash versions I heard is also a bad issue.
javascript on the other hand, is very accessible and doesn't depend on anything but the browser (+ javascript being on). It is also really fast in the majority of browsers (excluding IE < 8). And when based off a library like jQuery, it has a pretty damn good chance of working the same on most browsers. But the problem with JS is that it is much easier to find and exploit bugs, "cracked", (especially with editing JS on the fly) + not the best for various animations (ex: random smoke).<br><br>So as you may see by now, they both have pros and cons, but I don't know which one will cause more problems in the future.<br><br>I'm going to be a building an isometric game, the basic concept will be: building blocks, various objects moving across the grid, and several animations.