Original Post
First of all. I was one of the ones who thought I could build this ZOMFG WOW KILLER CLONE Game... I soon learned I couldn't.. Not right away anyway
That being said, at the ripe old age of 32 :D am I getting past that point where it's reasonable to think I could make it in this field?
I recently picked up the free version of GameMaker, and I'm muddling through the tutorials at the moment just to figure things out. But is it a reality?
I'm a great writer, and have a fantastic concept (but who doesn't?) But at this stage in the game, should I stick to PHP/MySQL and the web (My Day Job)
I know enough about modeling to build a very rough primitive 3d model, and enough photoshop to build some decent textures, but that's about it?
I know enough coding to build a web site, and maybe a text based game, but I don't know where to start.
Bottom line is, Where should an "older" dog like me start?
That being said, at the ripe old age of 32 :D am I getting past that point where it's reasonable to think I could make it in this field?
I recently picked up the free version of GameMaker, and I'm muddling through the tutorials at the moment just to figure things out. But is it a reality?
I'm a great writer, and have a fantastic concept (but who doesn't?) But at this stage in the game, should I stick to PHP/MySQL and the web (My Day Job)
I know enough about modeling to build a very rough primitive 3d model, and enough photoshop to build some decent textures, but that's about it?
I know enough coding to build a web site, and maybe a text based game, but I don't know where to start.
Bottom line is, Where should an "older" dog like me start?