Original Post
Hello!
I was happily using glDrawElements with GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT index data for my index buffer rendering until I had to index terrain mesh larger than 256*256 vertices.
But it turned out that OpenGL ES doesn't support GL_UNSIGNED_INT index data. How do I solve this problem now?
Say, I want to index a mesh with 1024*1024 vertices. If I sub-divide this into smaller index buffers (like 256*256), it means I will have to create 16(!) index buffers just for that one mesh. Sounds really bad to me.
I was happily using glDrawElements with GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT index data for my index buffer rendering until I had to index terrain mesh larger than 256*256 vertices.
But it turned out that OpenGL ES doesn't support GL_UNSIGNED_INT index data. How do I solve this problem now?
Say, I want to index a mesh with 1024*1024 vertices. If I sub-divide this into smaller index buffers (like 256*256), it means I will have to create 16(!) index buffers just for that one mesh. Sounds really bad to me.