Original Post
I was wondering why apple has their own hardware-specific os line, and maybe if microsoft should do that and if it would be neat? I think they got in trouble last time they tried to make hardware like apple, maybe it would be ok now....I mostly use microsoft hardware now...at least my mouse and gamepad, and I was thinking a yearly updated (approx) "gaming" branded computer by microsoft with all certified hardware and a known hardware platform that was kind of a cross between a windows machine and an xbox, in that it would be a gaming pc (they could do an office or other versions too) with known certified drivers by microsoft and a more fixed test/hardware platform to help reduce bugs, along with a slick windows-themed integrated look, and a good selection of hardware/other options (like 3d glasses & video games) that is both diverse and specific (for debugging purposes)
Bonus points if it does windows AND xbox and includes a 360 pad
Bonus points if it does windows AND xbox and includes a 360 pad