Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Redesign of my website

Started by gamestoenjoy Dec 30, 2010 at 9:33 PM 4 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
gamestoenjoy
gamestoenjoy
Hi,

I worked several month on massive redesign of my game site.

The redesign includes:
* Created new logo (image and text)
* Added rss feed
* Added button for random games refresh
* Added rounded corners for categories
* Added full screen mode for games
* Improved the layout and the colors
* Added rating system for games

The url of my site:
http://www.gamestoenjoy.com

I will be happy to hear your opinion!
Games to Enjoy
gamestoenjoy
gamestoenjoy
Any comments please?
It will help me a lot
Games to Enjoy
ProgrammerZ
ProgrammerZ
Interesting site. It could use a bit of work, though.

First of all, I'd suggest you ditch the Comic-Sans-esque font in the logo. Frankly, it looks tacky.

Also, the color scheme and overall site design seem rather inconsistent. You've got different fonts in different colors and sizes, a weird mix of background colors, and square corners in some places and round corners in others. The colors tend to clash, especially on the new games/top games headers.

It might help you to compare the designs of other similar sites (Miniclip, etc.) with your own. The design you have now just doesn't feel like it "comes together."
HydroxicAcid
HydroxicAcid
It looks pretty good in my opinion. I like the color scheme; it seems playful and friendly. You almost expect the site to have games on it.

I don't like the fonts you chose as much, but they're readable and certainly bearable.

The only real problems I have with the site:
  • The bookmarking buttons seem a little annoying, and since they're off to the side, most people probably won't even know they're there.
  • I don't like how the center column looks on a larger screen at all. It ends up having space between the sidebars and the center column, and it looks a little messy. Perhaps you should try making the entire thing centered.
touch_the_sky
touch_the_sky
I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare the current one to the previous.

What was a bit of a positive surprise for me, as not that many people seem to care, was the fact that the actual markup validated (at least on a few pages I checked) - nice one!

If I was to pick on something - I don't like the design a lot. That said it is non-confusing, functional and easy to navigate. And another good thing - I wasn't shot in the face with some crazy popups which is cool, non-violent ads is the way to go. And the site works, games are not too bad, etc.

Good job overall, I may even be back on some lunchbreak;)
gamestoenjoy
gamestoenjoy
Your feedback is great, and thanks for the compliments!

I definitely plan to improve the design as you suggested.
Games to Enjoy

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.