Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Has anyone seen "The American"?

Started by Alpha_ProgDes Jan 1, 2011 at 2:01 AM 3 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
I just watched the movie. Random pick up at Wal-mart. It's a bit slow paced (definitely don't watch it if you're sleepy). However, the character portrayal in that movie is excellent, very well done. George Clooney played that character flawlessly.

It's get 5-stars, two thumbs up from me.
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
BeanDog
BeanDog
Finished it just now.

Unbearably boring. Anticlimactic. Has the plot depth (and same plot content) of the first few seconds of a bad episode of Burn Notice. I'd rather watch Justin bieber preen for 110 minutes than watch that again.
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:
Original post by Pete Michaud
I thought it was fine, but I went expecting an action movie about an assassin, which it very much was not.

Yeah, I hate it when previews lead you to think it's one type of movie and it's something completely different.

@BeanDog: Yeah, it's sloooooooow. And not much going on. But very few movies show the agony and anguish of living such a life like this did, if at all. Hell I felt sorry for the guy. But I definitely wouldn't have traded this for Bieber. Nice kid and all, but no. [smile]
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
Prinz Eugn
Prinz Eugn
Yeah, and I liked it. Hadn't heard that much about it but watched it with my girlfriend after Roger Ebert said it was one of the best movies of the year.

Reminded me of some older movies, since the pacing was pretty slow. I dunno, I could appreciate it for what it was. Lets you savor everything rather than shoving a new thing down your throat every jump-cut.

Would suck if you were going into it expecting Bourne Identity though... definitely one of those movies you have to be in the right mood for.
-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.