Original Post
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
I have not switched to Ubuntu yet. If you have it then why did you switch to Ubuntu?
Ubuntu's packaging is generally quite poor compared to the original Debian packages.
... OpenOffice generally just sucks compared to MS Office ...
... complaining about window resizing ...
[/quote]
Isn't this more of a problem with the particular skin/theme than the operating system? I'm sure you can configure this. At least KDE does.
[quote name='valderman' timestamp='1294931359' post='4758296']
Ubuntu's packaging is generally quite poor compared to the original Debian packages.
[color=#1C2837][size=2] I'd miss Visual Studio for C++ development though.
My only negative experience has been in the past I've had issues with getting wireless cards to work
My only negative experience has been in the past I've had issues with getting wireless cards to work. I can usually get them to work after fighting with ndiswrapper for half a day, but even then the authentication screens tended not to "just work". I'd have to manage it from the command line. This is more a driver/hardware problem though, you cannot exactly blame Linux/Ubuntu for the hoops they have to jump through to get a driver to work legally.
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more