Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Need sound effects

Started by Styg Jan 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM 2 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
Styg
Styg
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I'm looking for a place to purchase some good sound effects for my game. I've checked out a few websites and so far I'm liking http://www.soundrangers.com the most as it has good selection of Sci-Fi sounds as well as interface sounds.

Anyone got any recommendations for other sites or sound libraries?[/font]
www.timelapsevertigo.com - an indie roleplaying game.
nsmadsen
nsmadsen
Hey,

Here are a few recommendations:

1) Sound Dogs: http://www.sounddogs.com/

2) Sound Snap: http://www.soundsnap.com/

3) Hire someone on here! There are many talented, eager freelancers on GD.net that would love to provide you with custom sounds for your game! Rates and experience will vary greatly but this is the best method in my opinion because you'll actually get someone to interface with and create something custom for your game - instead of trying to make a generic sound fit.

Thanks,

Nate
Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX
SFXsource
SFXsource
Glad you asked. We've got over 70,000 sfx at SFXsource.com sound effects. Since I personally designed the 645 category structure of the library and oversaw all the categorization of the sound effects, I can vouch that we've got an awesome browsing experience. All the sounds are professionally designed, royalty free, inexpensive, and vetted for quality. Cheers
Styg
Styg
Thanks. I'll check out those links.
www.timelapsevertigo.com - an indie roleplaying game.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.