Original Post
Hi, I am about to pull the trigger with my first attempt to render to multiple targets, because I want to do SSAO,
the implementation with normals, that's why I am using MRT, the first one is for depth (D3DFMT_D24X8) the
second one is for normals (D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8).
Now, I heard about Z Pre-Pass, and right now I have the depth stored, can I use it as depth stencil and let the
comparison made it automatically with D3DCMP_LESSOREQUAL? or I have to do it in the pixel frament,
and discard every pixel if not pass my depth comparison manually?
I know how to use the depth stencil directly writting black, but I don't know if it is possible with MRT AND
I need the depth as texture to be able to reconstruct position from it.
thanks and please sorry my bad grammar, you can spot my errors, that will help too.
the implementation with normals, that's why I am using MRT, the first one is for depth (D3DFMT_D24X8) the
second one is for normals (D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8).
Now, I heard about Z Pre-Pass, and right now I have the depth stored, can I use it as depth stencil and let the
comparison made it automatically with D3DCMP_LESSOREQUAL? or I have to do it in the pixel frament,
and discard every pixel if not pass my depth comparison manually?
I know how to use the depth stencil directly writting black, but I don't know if it is possible with MRT AND
I need the depth as texture to be able to reconstruct position from it.
thanks and please sorry my bad grammar, you can spot my errors, that will help too.

