Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Android devices

Started by designsaga Jan 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM 1 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
designsaga
designsaga
Hello guys,

I just bought a 7" Android tablet and was wondering how the window dimensions work for apps. Is it like directx where you specify the window dimensions or can you go into like a fullscreen mode where it will work on a tablet and a phone also?

Is there any tips or suggestions when choosing a device?

If I had to target a tablet or a phone then which should I go for?

Does anyone know of some market / usage statistics in regards to android devices?
silvermace
silvermace
I've been looking into Android development and I dont have much outside of a basic prototype, but the android.com developer section is helpful for this kind of thing, specifically the section on screen support. Hope that helps.
designsaga
designsaga

I've been looking into Android development and I dont have much outside of a basic prototype, but the android.com developer section is helpful for this kind of thing, specifically the section on screen support. Hope that helps.


Thanks for the reply silvermace. It looks like we just need to do this, [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]wrap_content, fill_parent, or the dp unit (instead of px), and Android will auto scale to fit most dimensions. Pretty nifty stuff, can't wait to start testing it out.[/font]


Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.