Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I need some advice

Started by ChrisJozwiak Jan 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM 4 replies 700+ views
Original Post
ChrisJozwiak
ChrisJozwiak
I want to attempt to make an isometric based game. I sooner or later would like to also make a isometric online community (Sort of like habbo or any other isometric game you can think of). The problem is I have no past experience in any of this. I want to build it in C# the only language i've ever tried was python but didn't get too far with it. I've only copied examples out of books none of it was my own. So I guess you can say all I know about real programming is the logic that goes into it. I know it takes time to build what I want to build. I know I'm not going to be able to do this for maybe years but i would like to atleast get some book names maybe for C# that could help me begin programming it. I have all the necessary tools to start. Just don't know where to start.
Please help
ChrisJozwiak
ChrisJozwiak
None of the links work on that page so i can't really get any info out of it. Thanks anyways.
blewisjr
blewisjr

None of the links work on that page so i can't really get any info out of it. Thanks anyways.


Just tried the links and they work from my side of things.


Remember the website was just migrated so when you click a link in the Starters Guide that does not load chance the www.gamedev.net part of the address to archive.gamedev.net and the link will load.

Those links are indeed the best place to start lots of information in there.
Tom Sloper
Tom Sloper

None of the links work on that page so i can't really get any info out of it. Thanks anyways.

The Start Here articles have indeed moved. But the For Beginners forum FAQ works just fine.

You're welcome.
-- Tom Sloper    --      sloperama.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.