Original Post
Hey, I finished putting together a set of tutorials for creating an asteroids game using the free FlashDvelop IDE.
If anyone wanted to check them out and provide feedback, I would appreciate it.
The tutorials are how to setup flashdevelop, create a main game loop, use blitting in flash instead of flash's 'display list', and how to program the complete game.
Secondly, I added a tutorial for replacing programmed vector graphics with pre-created bitmaps, and how to embed bitmaps in flash.
My tutorial site is at: www.chrismweb.com
Let me know if you want me to write any tutorials about anything, and I'll attempt to get them up there ASAP.
If anyone wanted to check them out and provide feedback, I would appreciate it.
The tutorials are how to setup flashdevelop, create a main game loop, use blitting in flash instead of flash's 'display list', and how to program the complete game.
Secondly, I added a tutorial for replacing programmed vector graphics with pre-created bitmaps, and how to embed bitmaps in flash.
My tutorial site is at: www.chrismweb.com
Let me know if you want me to write any tutorials about anything, and I'll attempt to get them up there ASAP.