Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Odd ID3DXFont problem

Started by liamf1986 Feb 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM 2 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
liamf1986
liamf1986
Hello all,

I'm having an odd issue with ID3DXFont.
I'll start by posting an image of the problem and maybe someone will recognize it straight away,

craptext.jpg

That supposedly says Debug Mode....
This problem only occurs when the DrawText() function of any font object is only called once. If I draw another line later in the program both lines draw perfectly fine, as shown below,

goodtext.jpg

The problem is localized to each instance of ID3DXFont, meaning I can create 2 instances of ID3DXFont draw 2 lines with one instance and they will draw fine but if I only draw one line with the other instance that line will draw incorrectly.

My Text drawing code is as follows;


device->ClearScreen(bgColor);
device->BeginScene();

spriteInterface->Begin(D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND);

RECT fontPos;
SetRect(&fontPos, xPos, yPos, 100, 100);

debugText->DrawText(spriteInterface,
"Debug Mode",
-1,
&fontPos,
DT_LEFT | DT_NOCLIP,
D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255, 255, 255));

spriteInterface->End();

device->EndScene();
device->Present(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);


Greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer,
cheers Liam F
liamf1986
liamf1986
Oh I forgot to mention,
I just transfered this project from a Windows 7 laptop to a windows vista laptop which is when the issues arose. The text was always displaying fine on the other system.

Both systems have The latest Direct X SDK (June 2010) and both running the Visual C++ 2010 express edition IDE.

Thx again, Liam
Erik Rufelt
Erik Rufelt
Do you have the latest drivers for the laptop?
Get them from Intel/NVidia/ATI and not just those available from Windows Update.
liamf1986
liamf1986
Looks like that was the problem, forgot to update that while I was doing everything else, Doh.

Thanks for the reply.
Liam F

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.