Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

client / server using VB(.net)

Started by DennisKluytmans Feb 24, 2011 at 8:40 AM 1 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
DennisKluytmans
DennisKluytmans
hey all,

I have a question which is: how to start a client / server program using visual basic 2010 ?

1) were do I need to begin

2) which components to use ?

3) is DLL programming required ?

4) do I need to download any open source dll communicating soft such as (winschock)

these are a few question which I need to be awnsered
please help me

regards,
assainator
assainator

1) were do I need to begin
Your favourite search engine. Search for '.net socket programming' and you'll come a long way


2) which components to use ?[/quote]
System.Net.Sockets


3) is DLL programming required ?[/quote]
Could be usefull, it prevents you writing the same code multiple times (code that both client and server use).
You shouldn't be afraid for dll's, with .NET they are real easy to use.


4) do I need to download any open source dll communicating soft such as (winschock)[/quote]
Only the .NET framework as this comes with System.Net.Sockets

Hope it helps,

assaintor
"What? It disintegrated. By definition, it cannot be fixed." - Gru - Dispicable me

"Dude, the world is only limited by your imagination" - Me

DennisKluytmans
DennisKluytmans

[quote name='TeamBiohazard' timestamp='1298536844' post='4778354']
1) were do I need to begin
Your favourite search engine. Search for '.net socket programming' and you'll come a long way


2) which components to use ?[/quote]
System.Net.Sockets


3) is DLL programming required ?[/quote]
Could be usefull, it prevents you writing the same code multiple times (code that both client and server use).
You shouldn't be afraid for dll's, with .NET they are real easy to use.


4) do I need to download any open source dll communicating soft such as (winschock)[/quote]
Only the .NET framework as this comes with System.Net.Sockets

Hope it helps,

assaintor
[/quote]

i'm not affraid for dll programming, I love it it's a great invention
thanks for the help.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.