Original Post
Hello.
I have the next spec: Motherboard P5G41T-M LX, Processor E5400 (800Mhz FSB) 2.7Ghz frecvency and 2Gb of DDR3 RAM. The maine problem of the mainboard is that I have PCI Express x16 v 1.0.
I want to buy a new video card, Palit Geforce GTS 450 or GTS 460 with 1Gb of VRAM and I have 2 questions:
1. How much the PCI Express 1.0 and my E5400 will limit the performance of the new video card (if it will limit it). I dont want numbers just an idea if it is a big difference between PCI Express 1.0 and 2.0 and if my CPU is not as good for the card.
2. What "128 bits memory / 256 bits memory" stands for. I mean I can search for some theory but I was searching for a more practical example or much closer. I understand that through the PCI Express port some textures usually are transfered if the VRAM is too small and cant keep all textures. But what about the memory width ?
I have the next spec: Motherboard P5G41T-M LX, Processor E5400 (800Mhz FSB) 2.7Ghz frecvency and 2Gb of DDR3 RAM. The maine problem of the mainboard is that I have PCI Express x16 v 1.0.
I want to buy a new video card, Palit Geforce GTS 450 or GTS 460 with 1Gb of VRAM and I have 2 questions:
1. How much the PCI Express 1.0 and my E5400 will limit the performance of the new video card (if it will limit it). I dont want numbers just an idea if it is a big difference between PCI Express 1.0 and 2.0 and if my CPU is not as good for the card.
2. What "128 bits memory / 256 bits memory" stands for. I mean I can search for some theory but I was searching for a more practical example or much closer. I understand that through the PCI Express port some textures usually are transfered if the VRAM is too small and cant keep all textures. But what about the memory width ?