Original Post
Sorry for the rant-ish title. I've just spend the evening fighting with CSS to do what I want it to do. I'm not going to bore you with specifics, but just wanted to get it off my chest, and ask what tools (if any) do you guys/gals use to author CSS.
Coming from a C++ background, HTML and CSS are a bit of a black-art. It's all very "well you want the right-aligned, but on some browsers it might be a bit more to the left".
I spend ages trying to get my HTML page to do what I want in Chrome, gave up, then tried IE and it renders fine!! So WTF is Chrome doing differently?
The "Inspect Element" tool in Chrome is pretty useful, but I'm still struggling A LOT with all this stuff.
HELP!
ps. Any advice on tools or methods to improve my CSS authoring?
Coming from a C++ background, HTML and CSS are a bit of a black-art. It's all very "well you want the right-aligned, but on some browsers it might be a bit more to the left".
I spend ages trying to get my HTML page to do what I want in Chrome, gave up, then tried IE and it renders fine!! So WTF is Chrome doing differently?
The "Inspect Element" tool in Chrome is pretty useful, but I'm still struggling A LOT with all this stuff.
HELP!
ps. Any advice on tools or methods to improve my CSS authoring?