Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Another Transparency Question

Started by mkaltner Sep 8, 2001 at 8:32 PM 0 replies 350+ views
Original Post
mkaltner
mkaltner
Quick question: If I draw a textured quad, and draw a transparent quad over it, will the texture show through the quad properly? I know it''s pretty easy to write one up really quick but I figured I''d just ask before hand. Any info? Thanks, - Mike
"The important thing to remember when programming is: When you're 90% complete, there's still 50% more to go."
mkaltner
mkaltner
Well, I went and coded it. Worked fine. Only problem I found when combining textured objects with transparent, non textured is that if you don''t set the color back to full opacity white after drawing your transparent object, the other textured objects will share the color and opacity of your transparent object. =) If that made any sense, then I hope that maybe it''ll help someone...

- Mike
"The important thing to remember when programming is: When you're 90% complete, there's still 50% more to go."

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.