Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Programmer Looking

Started by DanielONeill Apr 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM 5 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
DanielONeill
DanielONeill
Name: Daniel

Website:
My blog

Expected Compensation: Whatever goes here, see below....

Contact Information: I'm on skype as acidsphinx, also to be found on windows live as daniel.jeremiah.oneill@live.com.au

Previous Projects: spits and spats with many different projects, but no real achievements to prove my worth

At this point, I'm open for discusion, topics ranging from writing static or dynamically linked libraries for your projects through to debuging, and tidying other peoples code. I use VSPro, though I have access to Ulitmate, I dabble in assembler, though hardly would claim to be proficient with it, my core relies on C++ and C#.NET, I have limited skills with web pages.

I have one or two side projects which I don't intend abandoning, then between my studies I offer sometime to anyone who might require it. I don't expect compensation, I never have before in any project I've worked on, but in real life my income is meager, and my expenses are vast by comparison.

My ideal is hooking up with a team that I can also learn the finer points of programming from, my goals are to futher my skills. I get distracted easily, and it can be hard to keep me focused on just one thing for long, though, I feel I can still contribute to a project, both small or large. I do not seek to be a solo programer for a team, I do not seek to be the projects programming senior, I seek to be able to vent a bit of my time on a hobby that I have a modest amount of passion for.

If I sound like someone you could use, I'd more than happily help you with your work.

My timezone (GMT+10/+11) is akward, if your project gains my interest, I may even stay long term, no promises, but feel free to discuss.
MartinSpierings
MartinSpierings
If you have any experience in UDK (unrealscript and a bit of C++) and are willing to work with no compensation, then Fubar might be a great project for you.

In short its a First Person shooter with both realism and fun. It features a 3-faction multiplayer gameplay, unique health system, (partially) destructible environments, unique factions with different customization and weapons; it encourages teamwork and uses fun dialog and fun weapons to add some humor to the mix. Read more on http://www.fubar-thegame.com . A big Game Design Document can be found there, as well as a forum to sign up. I've added you on skype and hope to hear from you soon!
Greetings, Martinspire
Visit Fubar-Thegame.com for a cool, realistic and humerous Sci-Fi Shooter!
nfries88
nfries88
You could help out Legendarium, which is using SDL 1.3 and C++ for most systems, but C# and XNA for an XBLA port. More information: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/597443
I have the SDL/C++ version handled by myself just fine (although help is obviously welcome), but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to XNA and am not terribly familiar with C# either.
Certain parts of Legendarium may be released into open-source (as companion libraries for SDL) under the terms of the zlib license, while the bulk of it will remain closed-source. You'll need to agree to this to work on the project.

Or you could help out Project Squirmish, a small MMORPG project that's using C++ and Irrlicht for the client and C# for the server. More information: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/597405
(I don't deal with staffing of Project Squirmish, you'll need to contact Rosalia)

Either way, I look forward to working with you soon!
xaviersythe
xaviersythe
[size="7"]You've got .NET experience.
I'd love to have you on my team.
[size="3"][topic='595477'][size="3"]FACADE, the ultimate adventure game!
Volunteers Needed![/topic]
Dragonfly3
Dragonfly3
Added you on skype (I'm sylana-merneih) & would like to talk to you about my project.
cfrankb
cfrankb
Our project is game construction kit for making 2D games (any kind including platforms).

We can always use more help with the demo games or the engine itself. If you are up for testing or giving us feedback that would be welcome too.

Visit the project homepage for more details.

http://www.sassociations.net/cfrankb/lgck/?fly3

or the gamdev thread

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/589726-2d-platform-game---looking-for-talent-to-join-team/


You can get in touch with me : lgckbuilder AT yahoo.ca

Regards,
Frank B.

--
LGCK Builder: Free Game Construction Kit:
http://cfrankb.com/lgck
maxhayman
maxhayman
Hey, im working on a stratagy game, similar to dungeon keeper. I need another coder to help me along with things such as AI and networking, and hopefully Linux support. Graphic programmers are also helpful.
MSN/EMAIL: maxhayman@maxhayman.co.uk

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.