Original Post
Hello,
I've recently been exploring different interpolation methods. I wanted to try out cubic spline interpolation based on the article written here: http://archive.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article914.asp
I've had a quick search around the forum and noticed quite a few other people have had problems with this article, it doesn't appear to be written very clearly, and I'm currently stuck trying to implement my own version in Java.
This post seems to post a near complete solution bar a few mistakes it seems but i'm still not clear on it.
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/473632-defeating-lag-with-cubic-splines---help-needed/
From the article I'm also wondering if Cord 3 and 4 should be flipped?
My current implementation is as follows, and a new position get updated every 200ms,
http://pastebin.com/Zz1ALBZP
Some debug data:
http://pastebin.com/8UQHQq2X
My interpolated positions always return 0, and I was wondering if anyone has any success implementing the article, and if anyone could clarify the co-ords that would be great.
Many thanks
I've recently been exploring different interpolation methods. I wanted to try out cubic spline interpolation based on the article written here: http://archive.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article914.asp
I've had a quick search around the forum and noticed quite a few other people have had problems with this article, it doesn't appear to be written very clearly, and I'm currently stuck trying to implement my own version in Java.
This post seems to post a near complete solution bar a few mistakes it seems but i'm still not clear on it.
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/473632-defeating-lag-with-cubic-splines---help-needed/
From the article I'm also wondering if Cord 3 and 4 should be flipped?
My current implementation is as follows, and a new position get updated every 200ms,
http://pastebin.com/Zz1ALBZP
Some debug data:
http://pastebin.com/8UQHQq2X
My interpolated positions always return 0, and I was wondering if anyone has any success implementing the article, and if anyone could clarify the co-ords that would be great.
Many thanks