Original Post
Team name:
I haven't thought of a team name, feel free to suggest ideas.
Project name:
Well, my username for many years was Narz so I was thinking of calling the game NarzWarz (someone game me this idea). I'm open to other names though. My original name was World Conquest but it feels too generic.
Brief description:
More info on the website (linked to below) but I originally came up with the basic idea in 1994 (at 15) but didn't have the know-how or means to bring it into reality. In 2002 I found a guy on Craigslist who got me started with some Javascrpit coding (ultimately I don't think Javascript is a good choice though) but he got busy & pretty much nothing has happened with the project since then.
Personally, I am not a programmer (my only real experience was messing with BASIC as a kid & a Visual Basic course which bored me to tears (it was mostly aimed at Database programmers) when I was 19. However, I'd like to learn as I go so that even if I do not fully understand the code I have enough understanding to tweak certain parts of it.
My preliminary goal is to make the game playable with a single player with some user customization available (altering maps, maybe creating their own AI by tweaking certain attrubutes). Eventually I want to think of new leader attributes and make the game playable online (complete with tournaments, map competitions, AI creating competitions, high score lists, forums, etc.)
Target aim:
Free but with non-banner ads (Adsense maybe), donations accepted. My goal is to at least break even in terms of cost. The game itself (as you will see) is very graphic unintense so I can't imagine it taking up huge amounts of bandwidth or costing tons of money to host. I want to make the game fun & the community around it user-friendly so I don't think donations are unreasonable to expect (perhaps I could have regular & premium memberships with premium members having more access to map & AI creation or something).
Compensation:
On my website I offer $1,000 for someone who can help create the "finished product" (fully functional, non-buggy, online multiplayer game). I could offer revenue sharing instead. Frankly, I'd prefer to find someone semi-local (in the NYC or Philly metro-areas) who I could meet up with, learn from & brainstorm with IRL (in real life) as I'm a bit nervous paying someone I've never met but this isn't critical. I'd like someone with genuine enthusiasm for the game concept who believes in it & sees the profit potential in it.
I could offer compensation as the various phases of the game are completed, we can talk about how much & when before we get started (please post in this thread &/or PM me). Here is a breakdown by phases of what I want to see done.
Technology:
Probably most people reading this thread & examining the game will have a better idea of what coding language/platform will be best better than I will.
Talent needed:
Programmers for the game & web designers to make it playable online.
Team structure:
I have no team at present (time of original posting of this, I will update it as necessary).
I'm not particularly looking for a lot of people, just one or two dedicated people is fine.
As for myself, I'm just a man with a dream (to put it rather sappily), as I stated my own programming experience is, well, basic, and I'm pretty busy with work, child-rearing, other hobbies (chess mostly) and don't have the self-discipline/wherewithall currently to learn programming on my own. However, I do enjoy programming (well BASIC back in the day) and I believe I could learn quite a bit as we went along.
I'm not looking for employees to be "under" me, just fellow gamers who find my concept intriguing & want to have fun helping design it and certainly I'm open to people suggesting their own little creative innovations to it as it is pretty primitive right now (I always want to keep it simple though, or at least keep a basic version of it simple, perhaps a basic & expansion version ultimately)
Website:
Note : game simulation only works in Internet Explorer (as far as I know)
Temporary Homepage
Info about the game
A simulated version of how gameplay works (human player would not see all the AI stats normally but just to show how the gameflow works)
More maps
Contacts:
I used to have a forum but I let go of my original domain name (NarzWarz.com) & lost it.
My e-mail is catalystnarz at gmail dot com
Previous Work by Team:
none
Additional Info:
It's all pretty much on the site (links above).
The game was inspired by the old NES game Nobunaga's Ambition which I made a tribute page to here. And one more of the 50 fief version.
Feedback:
Any constructive feedback is welcome & appreciated!
I haven't thought of a team name, feel free to suggest ideas.
Project name:
Well, my username for many years was Narz so I was thinking of calling the game NarzWarz (someone game me this idea). I'm open to other names though. My original name was World Conquest but it feels too generic.
Brief description:
More info on the website (linked to below) but I originally came up with the basic idea in 1994 (at 15) but didn't have the know-how or means to bring it into reality. In 2002 I found a guy on Craigslist who got me started with some Javascrpit coding (ultimately I don't think Javascript is a good choice though) but he got busy & pretty much nothing has happened with the project since then.
Personally, I am not a programmer (my only real experience was messing with BASIC as a kid & a Visual Basic course which bored me to tears (it was mostly aimed at Database programmers) when I was 19. However, I'd like to learn as I go so that even if I do not fully understand the code I have enough understanding to tweak certain parts of it.
My preliminary goal is to make the game playable with a single player with some user customization available (altering maps, maybe creating their own AI by tweaking certain attrubutes). Eventually I want to think of new leader attributes and make the game playable online (complete with tournaments, map competitions, AI creating competitions, high score lists, forums, etc.)
Target aim:
Free but with non-banner ads (Adsense maybe), donations accepted. My goal is to at least break even in terms of cost. The game itself (as you will see) is very graphic unintense so I can't imagine it taking up huge amounts of bandwidth or costing tons of money to host. I want to make the game fun & the community around it user-friendly so I don't think donations are unreasonable to expect (perhaps I could have regular & premium memberships with premium members having more access to map & AI creation or something).
Compensation:
On my website I offer $1,000 for someone who can help create the "finished product" (fully functional, non-buggy, online multiplayer game). I could offer revenue sharing instead. Frankly, I'd prefer to find someone semi-local (in the NYC or Philly metro-areas) who I could meet up with, learn from & brainstorm with IRL (in real life) as I'm a bit nervous paying someone I've never met but this isn't critical. I'd like someone with genuine enthusiasm for the game concept who believes in it & sees the profit potential in it.
I could offer compensation as the various phases of the game are completed, we can talk about how much & when before we get started (please post in this thread &/or PM me). Here is a breakdown by phases of what I want to see done.
- working as fully functional single player game
- easy & user-friendly ability to manipulate AI "personality" and build maps
- working as fully functional online multiplayer game
- all sorts of cool bells & whistles like a forum, high score charts, powergraphs (like the one from the Civilization), etc.
Technology:
Probably most people reading this thread & examining the game will have a better idea of what coding language/platform will be best better than I will.
Talent needed:
Programmers for the game & web designers to make it playable online.
Team structure:
I have no team at present (time of original posting of this, I will update it as necessary).
I'm not particularly looking for a lot of people, just one or two dedicated people is fine.
As for myself, I'm just a man with a dream (to put it rather sappily), as I stated my own programming experience is, well, basic, and I'm pretty busy with work, child-rearing, other hobbies (chess mostly) and don't have the self-discipline/wherewithall currently to learn programming on my own. However, I do enjoy programming (well BASIC back in the day) and I believe I could learn quite a bit as we went along.
I'm not looking for employees to be "under" me, just fellow gamers who find my concept intriguing & want to have fun helping design it and certainly I'm open to people suggesting their own little creative innovations to it as it is pretty primitive right now (I always want to keep it simple though, or at least keep a basic version of it simple, perhaps a basic & expansion version ultimately)
Website:
Note : game simulation only works in Internet Explorer (as far as I know)
Temporary Homepage
Info about the game
A simulated version of how gameplay works (human player would not see all the AI stats normally but just to show how the gameflow works)
More maps
Contacts:
I used to have a forum but I let go of my original domain name (NarzWarz.com) & lost it.
My e-mail is catalystnarz at gmail dot com
Previous Work by Team:
none
Additional Info:
It's all pretty much on the site (links above).
The game was inspired by the old NES game Nobunaga's Ambition which I made a tribute page to here. And one more of the 50 fief version.
Feedback:
Any constructive feedback is welcome & appreciated!