Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[MMO] Chronoshift looking for help

Started by nickthecoder May 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM 19 replies 5.7k views
Original Post
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
Team name:
CNG Games


Project name:
Chronoshift

Brief description:

The game is set on a futuristic planet, similar to Earth, with Time Faults appearing across the planet’s surface, 3 factions are warring over the correct solution to the problem. Each Time Fault will be used as an Instance, or a Dungeon similar to those in other MMORPGs where parties will participate in a multitude of tasks such as defeating bosses, or defending points of interest. Players will fight anything from Dinosaurs to Medieval Knights, and experience a large variety of settings ranging from lush jungles, to marshy swamps, and even the icy arctic. Aesthetically, the game’s environment will look similar to that of the MMO “Firefall”, yet with more diversity among regions. The game will feature a small number of armor sets with tons of armor expansions such as Helmet Visors, Ammo Belts, and Shoulder Pads, each adding special affects to the player (for example: + Flame Resistance, + Max HP).

The game will feature a battle system much more action-oriented than the competitors. It will flaunt a 3[sup]rd[/sup]-person soft-lock system, allowing players to switch targets quickly, yet requiring skill, as well as a skill charge-shot. The game will feature 3 “Callings” in which players will be bound to. Each calling will have 3 separate skill trees ranging from Tech, to Magic, to Melee. Each calling will be supported by Faction stat-boosts. One faction will boost stats for one of each of the 3 callings. Players may level in any skill tree within their chosen calling.

Collectively, the team is working toward an Alpha within the October time-range.


Target aim:
Free download on the PC and optional members fee for extra features, possibly branch out to PS3 and XBOX360 once the engine supports this.

Compensation:
We cannot pay at the moment, but parts of the revenue is guaranteed for people who help ‘till the release

Technology:
The engine is HeroCloud Basic, all programming and level design will be done in this.

3D Art will be done in Maya or Max

2D Art can be done in photoshop or GIMP, whatever the artist decides.

Talent needed:


3D Modeller (x3):
-Must be able to efficiently create 3D models that still look professional with a low poly count
-HeroEngine previous experience is a BIG bonus, but willingness to learn the engine is a must.


Programmer (x3):
-must have previous experience in game programming
-must be willing to learn how to code in HeroScript


2D Artist (x2):
-must be able to create 2D art for the game, either for the GUI elements, or for item/ability icons. Also a 2d could be a texture artist, who makes textures for the ground and 3d models


Animator (x2):
-must be able to create animation for the characters and the npcs that can be imported to HeroEngine


Composter (x1):
-must be able to create music that enhances the gameplay experience



Team structure:


Caleb – Story Writer
Craspy - Concept Artist
Fahmi – Animator/Modeler
Ian – Concept Artist
Joey – Server Host/Web Developer
Malik - Producer
Mario – Story Writer/Game Designer
Melcolm – Concept Artist/Modeler
Nick – Lead Programmer/Game Designer/Founder
Olle - Programmer
Stephen – Programmer
Tyler - Modeler

Website:
in the works

Contacts:
Email: [email="conqueralltime@yahoo.com"]conqueralltime@yahoo.com[/email]
Skype: gamecreator10000

If you are interested, please email me or add me on skype

Previous Work by Team:

Me-I have made prototypes of the game with 2 previous engines, they were 2D engines and we decided we wanted it to be 3D. Also a game soon to be released to IOS, we will notify when it is out so ya’ll can see what we can do!

Other memebers of our team have previously worked on a game called Farland Online



Additional Info:

[attachment=2249:The portals clearing night&circle.jpg]
[attachment=2250:The portals clearing open door.jpg]
[attachment=3265:3.jpg]
[attachment=3266:4.jpg]
[attachment=3267:Brotherhood%20City%20entrance.jpg]
[attachment=3268:Brotherhood_Concept01.png]
[attachment=3269:BrotherhoodThumbnails.png]

And also for you people who say these kind of things, this project WILL be completed, I’ve wanted to do this since I was a little kid and have worked at it for years. I know how to program, this is not my first game, I know the steps I have to take, we will not fail!

Feedback:
ENCOURAGING ANY
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
Still looking for a character modeller and 2d artist! The game has been going great since we got the engine, much progress has been made!
loom_weaver
loom_weaver
I went to your website and it has something about some kind of desktop-tower game and appears to have nothing to do with your game.
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
Yeah, that's the game we were working on previously, it should have some stuff about our game, but the guy that owns the site is lazy and doesn't want to update it for us , but don't worry, we're workin on it!
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
More info to come soon! We may have some screens up in the near future, but development is starting in go very fast. Right now we really need a character modeler and some more programmers =)
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
bump, tons of new info in the post! Should have much more to show in the coming weeks!
fayt
fayt
I am a 3D modeler

www.americanmadesigns.com/3dsite/
www.americanmadesigns.com/3dsite/goldring1.jpg
www.americanmadesigns.com/3dsite/goldring3.jpg
www.americanmadesigns.com/3dsite/streetlight.jpg (WIP)


http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dVm-2bhj5cQ
(WIP)
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
@braindigitalis: we do not currently have an alpha or beta, but an alpha is planned for Octoberish depending on if we can get the programming done. The engine came with bunches of framework code and I am working on making it more game specific, and you can definitely take a look, can we talk in skype to make it faster?

@fayt: we'd love to have you got a skype so you can meet everyone else?
fayt
fayt
I don't have Skype but I can get it.
fayt
fayt
Also here is just a little shield I textured and played with.
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
Bump!! Lots of stuff happening and getting ever closer to an Alpha! Urgent need are: 2d artist and programmers!
jrhager84
jrhager84
Nicolas, this is Joel Hager from MMO Interactive, hereby providing you with an official cease and desist, for theft of intellectual property from MMOI. You have an email in your inbox. This (in correspondence with my email) will count as your formal termination from MMO Interactive, and the "Rise of Heroes" franchise. I eagerly await your response. Hopefully we can reach an amicable conclusion.

Regards,

-Joel Hager
MMO Interactive - Business Manager

Copyright :: All Rights Reserved
Registered :: Fri May 13 01:13:24 UTC 2011
Title :: Rise of Heroes MMO Game Design Document
Category :: Game Design Document
Fingerprint :: c09e7a15328de41c090a62d5ddbb6b3d6cc72af9e94e1df36d645704caf14b52
MCN :: C3WD1-TS7RU-6YS2W
leosmithii
leosmithii
Hello there, I would like to be part of your team.
So you are probably wondering what I am good at and what I would like to do. Well, I am a musical composer, first and foremost. I saw that you did not have a composer in your team and figured you would be needing one to write music for your game(s). I would like to be that composer for you. The music that I write is usually for String Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra. I can do Symphony style work aswell. The genre of music I compose is normally Romantic Era music (example composers of this era would be Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff). To many, this style of music would sould like regular Classical music, which I can also do. Although these genres of music are my specialty, I can also write more modern sounding music (like rock, jazz, marches, etc...). Starting with the most experienced instument, I am proficient at the Trumpet, Sax, and Piano. The software I use to compose my music is called Finale. It can be found here: [color="#234786"]www.finalemusic.com/. This software is a program where I am writing songs note for note. I do not use samples or anything that has been previously made. The compositions sound real, as if it were professionally recorded in an Orchestra Hall. Additionally, if you can read music notation, I can send you the score and you can review the composition. The highest quality file type I can extract is a .WAV file. If you would like to take me on board, please email me back at [email="leosmithii@yahoo.com"]leosmithii@yahoo.com[/email] . Let me know if you would like to see some samples. Many thanks,Leo Smith II
Brain
Brain

Nicolas, this is Joel Hager from MMO Interactive, hereby providing you with an official cease and desist, for theft of intellectual property from MMOI. You have an email in your inbox. This (in correspondence with my email) will count as your formal termination from MMO Interactive, and the "Rise of Heroes" franchise. I eagerly await your response. Hopefully we can reach an amicable conclusion.

Regards,

-Joel Hager
MMO Interactive - Business Manager

Copyright :: All Rights Reserved
Registered :: Fri May 13 01:13:24 UTC 2011
Title :: Rise of Heroes MMO Game Design Document
Category :: Game Design Document
Fingerprint :: c09e7a15328de41c090a62d5ddbb6b3d6cc72af9e94e1df36d645704caf14b52
MCN :: C3WD1-TS7RU-6YS2W


sorry Joel but i am confused. what does this have to do with this forum post? Not meaning to sound rude but wouldnt such formal legal notice be best served by more official channels than a forum post and are you permitted to tell us all how this relates to the topic at hand as i have never heard of mmo interactive or this project until i read this thread.

Thanks! :-)
fayt
fayt
Either it's complete BS, or you're getting fired!
Brain
Brain

Either it's complete BS, or you're getting fired!


Not my project, so doesnt bother me :-) However, the post has piqued my curiosity, ive done some digging around on this forum so now i know who MMO Interactive are but i still can't see how it relates to this forum post...
nickthecoder
nickthecoder
Basically they think I stole their game idea even though I've had it for nine years ;) don't worry, the problem has been worked out
JamesProctor
JamesProctor
We at MMO Interactive wish Nick and his team success and look forward to seeing what they come up with...
jtagge75
jtagge75
Unless you have the money to go to court then a cease and desist doesn't mean anything (especially one posted on a forum and not through legal channels).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.