Original Post
Hi there,
I have to deploy my game to several other machines, but it crashes right after its start. I do not check for success after every usage of DX functions, so I cannot estimate where the problem might be. I for myself have a fairly new laptop meeting more than basic requirements. The problem is that I don't know which are common problems I have to watch out for?
My configuration:
Win 7
i7, Geforce 445M GT (3GB), 4 GB RAM
Latest video drivers and DX redistributable, DX SDK
Sample target configuration:
Win XP SP3
Core2Duo 2 GHz, Intel GMA X3100, 3 GB RAM
Latest video drivers and DX redistributable
Environment:
* Resources of course deployed
* Build in release mode
* Switched the debug DLLs to retail ones
* Occurences of non-power-2 Textures
* Several render targets (XARGB32, R32F)
* Shader Model 2.0 at maximum
* Window mode with fixed resolution of 1280*720
* ~1.500.000 triangles rendered per frame (back buffer, less in shadow map and depth map)
As I have no access to a lower machine I cannot test it by myself and have to ask friends, which of course becomes very annoying for both of us. 7 out of 10 could start the game instantly, the rest encountered crashes right after start (before loading screen, that is before even creating the render targets and textures (???)).
If you are willing to test it, the link is: https://rapidshare.c.../TribalWars.zip (traffic shared, so full speed)
I have to deploy my game to several other machines, but it crashes right after its start. I do not check for success after every usage of DX functions, so I cannot estimate where the problem might be. I for myself have a fairly new laptop meeting more than basic requirements. The problem is that I don't know which are common problems I have to watch out for?
My configuration:
Win 7
i7, Geforce 445M GT (3GB), 4 GB RAM
Latest video drivers and DX redistributable, DX SDK
Sample target configuration:
Win XP SP3
Core2Duo 2 GHz, Intel GMA X3100, 3 GB RAM
Latest video drivers and DX redistributable
Environment:
* Resources of course deployed
* Build in release mode
* Switched the debug DLLs to retail ones
* Occurences of non-power-2 Textures
* Several render targets (XARGB32, R32F)
* Shader Model 2.0 at maximum
* Window mode with fixed resolution of 1280*720
* ~1.500.000 triangles rendered per frame (back buffer, less in shadow map and depth map)
As I have no access to a lower machine I cannot test it by myself and have to ask friends, which of course becomes very annoying for both of us. 7 out of 10 could start the game instantly, the rest encountered crashes right after start (before loading screen, that is before even creating the render targets and textures (???)).
If you are willing to test it, the link is: https://rapidshare.c.../TribalWars.zip (traffic shared, so full speed)