Original Post
I just finished going through the code of Chapter 6 but there is an aspect that bugs me. I do not understand how the various methods in ZFXD3Dmisc.cpp are used... in particular, in InitStage, the 3D perspective and orthogonal matrices are computed, but there is no definition of the near and far planes that are used in the computation! Nowhere in the chapter are there any indications on when the View and Projection matrices are created; SetView3D just update existing matrices, SetClipping Planes too!
Should'nt the sequence of call be:
InitStage (Initialize the with default values)
SetMode (Setup the D3D viewport)
then a call to create the view and projection matrices followed by:
SetView3D (Modify the matrices)
SetClipping (Modify the matrices)
What am I missing? The rest of the chapter is about Shader and Vertex rendering.
Thanks,
LeLorrain
Should'nt the sequence of call be:
InitStage (Initialize the with default values)
SetMode (Setup the D3D viewport)
then a call to create the view and projection matrices followed by:
SetView3D (Modify the matrices)
SetClipping (Modify the matrices)
What am I missing? The rest of the chapter is about Shader and Vertex rendering.
Thanks,
LeLorrain