Original Post
Hey guys,
I've just come to ask a few 'what would you suggest' questions that I have. I've started creating a 2D, multi-player space game and I was wondering if I should use procedural generation to create the map as players (randomly positioned around the galaxy) move into it, or whether I should create it all at the beginning? What are the pros and cons of each?
I've got a rough understanding of how procedural generation works, but I can't help but think there are potentially a lot that could go wrong. I suppose I'm just looking for a few opinions so i know in which direction to take this.
Many thanks,
Sam.
I've just come to ask a few 'what would you suggest' questions that I have. I've started creating a 2D, multi-player space game and I was wondering if I should use procedural generation to create the map as players (randomly positioned around the galaxy) move into it, or whether I should create it all at the beginning? What are the pros and cons of each?
I've got a rough understanding of how procedural generation works, but I can't help but think there are potentially a lot that could go wrong. I suppose I'm just looking for a few opinions so i know in which direction to take this.
Many thanks,
Sam.