Original Post
I've just begun to really dive into the programming world, and I've skimmed across both C++ and Java in an effort to decide what language best suits my learning habits. It's my understanding that once I learn one language, some others will be easier to pick up. My question is, would any of you consider it futile or even counter productive to learn to learn two languages at once? I've been reading Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition" and David J. Eck's "Java Notes Version 5" (Java Notes) and ever so often, I'll take a code sample from one of the two and try to write it in both languages. Is this generally a good idea or should I focus all of my attention toward one or the other? For the most part (and for now, as I'm still working within the confinements of console applications in C++ and haven't really gotten into the use of libraries yet) I'm pretty sufficient in pulling code from the Java book and duplicating it in C++ and vise versa, but I'm wondering if I'll come to a point when I get into libraries where this will come to a halt. Any input on the situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Adderly
Adderly