Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Team Members for an RPG Game Reply Quote Delete Edit

Started by tedted May 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
tedted
tedted
[font="Arial"]I have been programming in XNA for just over a year now and was hoping to start a simple 3D RPG. I am part of a 3-man rookie team and we are looking for interested parties to join us. We've given some thought to the mechanics of the game, its background story though its still in the early phases and undergoing brainstorming. You can visit our forums at http://community.kabergames.com if you want to read about what we have so far.

Here are the current members of the team:
1 Programmer
1 3D Modeller/Animator
1 Concept Artist

Here is a summary of what we have so far:

1. Simple engine - heightmap terrain with multi-texturing support, particle system, deferred shading for lights with shadow support, billboard system sphere and cylindrical support, water system with reflection and refraction support

2. In the middle of creating a continuity/universe which will be the basis for characters, plots, etc for the game

3. Some concept art about the continuity/universe http://gallery.kabergames.com

4. A few 3D assets for a desert scene

Were hoping to get help with more advanced features like AI for path finding, skinned animation, and optimization. I'm afraid that we can't offer any compensation but if the game is sell-worthy, we will definitely go into profit sharing. You can contact me at ted dot deleon at kabergames dot com (sorry for this, but it helps prevent spamming).

Thanks and Regards,
Ted

Target aim:
Start with a simple 3D RPG, work really hard to finish it

Compensation:
Experience + profit sharing if we can make money off of it

Technology:
XNA 4.0
Maya
Photoshop

Talent needed:
Passion and dedication for making games - yes, it is.

Team structure:
Accepting Anyone.
So far we have:
1 Programmer
1 3D Modeller/Animator
1 Concept Artist

Contacts:
ted dot deleon at kabergames dot com
[/font]
mcmuzzle
mcmuzzle
I think you should reconsider the fact that you need more people...

You currently have a 3 members team covering most of the needed field to get everything started. You can all be part of the design process and then start creating something that you will be able to show.

If I was you I'd try to reach some basic goals with your current team, try to work well together and then when you see you really need someone else then you look for it....

Anyway, I wish you the best
tedted
tedted

I think you should reconsider the fact that you need more people...

You currently have a 3 members team covering most of the needed field to get everything started. You can all be part of the design process and then start creating something that you will be able to show.

If I was you I'd try to reach some basic goals with your current team, try to work well together and then when you see you really need someone else then you look for it....

Anyway, I wish you the best


Its true that we three are suppose to be able to cover most of the things needed for a game, but I there is no check and balance in the work we are making. for instance I am the programmer and the other two members cant really help me out with AI path finding or procedural generation of the things we need for the game, for this I need a leas another person with a technical outlook on programming. I would try studying it, which I am by the way, but i feel discussing it with an actual person instead of just reading every article out there will help me understand it better. I think my team will benefit from this approach as well. But please correct me if I,'m wrong.

Re: Best of luck -> YES!! PLEASE!!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.