Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[PAID] Programmer needed for short PC-based yuri beat-em-up, either in flash, gamemaker, or any medium/language you can make it work in

Started by ricobanderas9 May 25, 2011 at 2:30 AM 2 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
ricobanderas9
ricobanderas9
Project name:
Yuri Brawl

Brief description:
Basically, this would be one stage of a side-scrolling yuri beat-em-up, similar to games like "Golden Axe" on Genesis. When I say yuri I don't mean a hentai game, so no nudity or anything explicit, although the theme is provocative. The basic idea is that several heroines have to get through a stage, and then fight a boss at the end. Different enemies can either knock out the heroines, or "charm" them. That's where the yuri comes in. If the heroines get completely charmed, they switch sides and you have to fight them before the boss. The idea I have now is that it will work a bit like "Marvel v. Capcom" where you can tag-team your team of heroines in and out to let them recover. You would only control one at a time. However, beyond that the gameplay itself does not need to be terribly complicated. I anticipate just a handful of enemies and then the boss.

Again, the exact length and content is going to depend on the medium.

NOTE: for anybody that does not know, "yuri" basically means "lesbian," so this will involve enemies that try to kiss the good girls, and a rather seductive boss. But as said, there is no nudity or anything like that. But don't write unless you are comfortable with this! Heck, it may be more fun and satisfying for any warm-blooded male to help design .

Target aim:

Freeware/no distribution, just personal

Compensation:
Compensation definitely offered, USD. Because this will also be tied to what the programmer can offer, I can't set a dollar amount at the moment. However, my ballpark is several hundred USD. I can offer a deposit , probably somewhere between $50-100, and do the rest in installments. I do not know if this it right, too low, or too high. I'm pretty flexible. If it's a quality product I'll pay for it, but I will want to see some samples of good work first. If you are a new programmer that's fine too, although I will compare offers to find the best balance of quality and experience to price.

Technology:
Any medium that could make this happen on PC -- some things that come to mind would be Flash, gamemaker, etc., but there are really many ways to do this so I'm not going to restrict it. It doesn't need to be a unique engine.

Talent needed:
One programmer.

Team structure:
I provide the idea and plot. And the cash. I'm basically commissioning this out, and have contacts with artists for the heroine and sprite design, and some voice talent to provide sound effects and voice acting.

Website:
No website

Contacts:
ricobanderas9@gmail.com

Previous Work by Team:
None

Additional Info:
Mostly covered in the description.

Feedback:

This is a yuri game, so I prefer not to get criticism in the form of "WTF, a yuri game?" Generally, serious comments, suggestions only please.
AdamTimmyNormoyle
AdamTimmyNormoyle
Is this genuine ???

if so im interested
Visual Basic
Dim VB_Experience as String = "2 Years"

C#
String C#_Eperience = "6 months +";
________________________________

if(you.need.help = true)
just.ask;



ricobanderas9
ricobanderas9

Is this genuine ???

if so im interested


Yes, definitely genuine.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.