Original Post
After working on it since about christmas last year I can finally call it finised!
Simply2D is a mario-like platform game where you complete maps and progress through a (short) campaign where you unluck new maps. It currently has 11 different types
of objects which are:
Simply2D is a mario-like platform game where you complete maps and progress through a (short) campaign where you unluck new maps. It currently has 11 different types
of objects which are:
- Platforms
- Moving Platforms
- Enemies
- Turrets
- Teleports
- Trampolines
- Spikes
- Walljumps
- Buttons
- Gates
- Gun powerups
What I've spent a lot of time on is the level editor. You can build your own maps and play them immediately. The editor has a inspector gui where you can change the values of the selected object. The gui consists of different types of window controls, which I've done myself by building an own window handler. I don't know what else I can say other than you should try it out and tell me what you think
It's written in C++ and uses DirectX for graphics and IrrKlang for sound.
The game can be downloaded from here.
Please visit my website and take a look around. I've writtin more about the game there as well.
I would really appreciate if you test the game and leave a comment about what you thought or if you discovered a bug or similar. Feedback is very very welcome
Here's some screenshots:




Thanks for your time,
simpler