Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Graphics help please

Started by CyberPereira Jun 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM 1 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
CyberPereira
CyberPereira
Hello i need some help and advice i started learning c++ like one year ago and now i can script on console good but i would like go to next step like create a 3d world for a game i tryed GDK but it seems hard could someone give me some advices or books or even post your experiences how did you make your first game with graphics work? that would be great. A big thank you from Portugal and sorry for bad english.
Rodimus
Rodimus
I am not sure whether you'd like to get into 2D or 3D, but when I started I went from Snake in console to 2D with SDL. It's quite easy to get into so I'd recommend looking into that. Remember to also get SDL_image for PNG support.
_paf
_paf
É isso mesmo Pereira, Portugal é o maior pais do mundo!!!

Well, you should try GLUT, it's a very simple way to use OpenGL (that's how i started in 3D graphics).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.