Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Artists wanted for card fighting game

Started by Gantz Jun 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM 6 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
Gantz
Gantz
[color="#1c2837"]Team name:
Black Ball (Not registered)

Project name:
[color="#1c2837"]The Arena

Brief description:
The Area is a story driven card battling game targeted at IPad, IPhone PC and MAC.
[color="#1c2837"]
Target aim:
Retail through the app store
[color="#1c2837"]
Compensation:
Profit share

Technology:
[color="#1c2837"]IPad/IPhone/Mac/PC. Programed using CSharp in Unity 3D
[color="#1c2837"]
Talent needed:
Artists - Needed to draw backgrounds/characters for the visual novel part of the game and cards + effects for the card battle system.

Team structure:
Myself - Programmer
[color="#1c2837"](Forgot his name sozzz ) Musician

Contacts:
Please private message me here to discuss.

Previous Work by Team:
Some commercial games in the work place as well as an XNA visual novel called Chaos Gateway created in my own time.

Additional Info:
[color="#1c2837"]Here's a quick look at an old version of the visual novel side of things, this will be how the story is shown.
[color="#1c2837"][media]
[/media]

[color="#1c2837"]

[color="#1c2837"]One of the monsters
sketch014.png

[color="#1c2837"]

[color="#1c2837"]The character in the below clip is place holder until I get my own, it's from a capcom game but it's to show how it will move on the title screen slightly. Also the buttons are going to be removed an replaced with our own graphics.
[color="#1c2837"]
[media]
[/media]

Here is a screen from one of the first parts of the visual novel part of the game (The intro / tutorial fight) it is a flash back which is why it's done in black and white

finishsamplepreviuw.jpg

"Rookie" is the first female fighter to be allowed to compete in the mens division. In this scene she's preparing with her team in the locker room before she heads out for a live televised match in front of a 60,000 strong crowd. However little does she know that her fighting skill will attract a lot of unwanted attention for her after tonight.

[color="#1c2837"]Any questions feel free to ask.
[color="#1c2837"]
Feedback:
ANY
Gantz
Gantz
Updated first post with an image of one of the first monsters as well as a video of the title screen as it stands since it has a little fog effect and it shows I'm doing stuff. Working on the battle system at the moment however I don't want to show it yet.
Gantz
Gantz
Unsure if I'm still allowed to bump this, let me know if I'm not - added the first visual novel page to the above post. I've been working more on the battle system and generally tidying up that section of code. If you're interested in the project at all, artist/writer/musician etc. Feel free to drop me a line.
Mariachi
Mariachi
[color="#1c2837"]Target aim:
Retail through the app store
[color="#1c2837"]
Compensation:
I will be offering credit only


Well, that's not exactly inviting. And since your game appears to be built around graphics as one of the main draws...
Gantz
Gantz
I would be open to offers of revenue share however my main issue is that I've had to buy the apple dev licence + unity IOS version to be able to release on that platform. I don't expect any game I make to sell much and I wanted to at least try to break even (Which is why I was only asking for credit because I am not sure that would happen) I guess it might be more reasonable for me to say profit share after the cost of the unity IOS + developer licence has been covered.
Joop Bananenbuiger
Joop Bananenbuiger
Well, that's what's the "profit" in "profit share" means... Basically: Profit = income - costs.
Gantz
Gantz

Well, that's what's the "profit" in "profit share" means... Basically: Profit = income - costs.

Hi. What was mentioned from the others was revenue rather than profit, which is why I mentioned that.

Thanks

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.