Original Post
Hello everybody!
I have a dynamic VBO and I need to change all content and also the size EVERY FRAME. In order to rebuild VBO I have to build an vertex array with all data. Is VBO better over VAO only because it's using video card memory, or does it have other advantages? I'm asking this because I also can use that VAO instead of VBO so I don't need to transfer data to video card. I have made some tests with my particle engine (where now I use a VAO to send points to the shader) but no clear result, I get around 18 fps with both VAO/VBO when sending lots of points.
What is the best solution? VBOs for static stuff and VAO for dynamic or is there another way?
Thank you in advice and sorry for my english
I have a dynamic VBO and I need to change all content and also the size EVERY FRAME. In order to rebuild VBO I have to build an vertex array with all data. Is VBO better over VAO only because it's using video card memory, or does it have other advantages? I'm asking this because I also can use that VAO instead of VBO so I don't need to transfer data to video card. I have made some tests with my particle engine (where now I use a VAO to send points to the shader) but no clear result, I get around 18 fps with both VAO/VBO when sending lots of points.
What is the best solution? VBOs for static stuff and VAO for dynamic or is there another way?
Thank you in advice and sorry for my english