Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Texture Designer - released now

Started by snake5 Jun 25, 2011 at 5:14 PM 4 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
snake5
snake5
[font="verdana, geneva, lucida,"]I've finally released the tool I was telling you about before.

http://cragegames.com/texture-designer

It is an image processing application for texture/2D/UI artists. It removes redundancy from texture design process - you can add/remove/change/test anything, any time you want. There is no cost of reapplying filters or Undo/Redo usage - something you have probably fought with all the time while using GIMP or Photoshop.
You can see for yourself, there are screenshots and a demo version included.

Feel free to post critique and suggestions as they will help me improve the application.[/font]
[font="verdana, geneva, lucida,"]
[/font]
P.S. Here's some screenshots of the app:

small_tdscreen1.jpg small_tdscreen2.jpg small_tdscreen3.jpg small_tdscreen4.jpg
And here's the demo!

[font="Arial"]EDIT: I have never intended to give the full version for free and in case you see one who is uploading it, remember that what he offers is broken in all of the ways that you could imagine.[/font]
snake5
snake5
[size=2]v1.1 is released now! Lots of new features, including editbox editing, gradient tool, ability to make custom nodes and override texture formats to save memory.
[size=2]I have also dropped the price to [font="Arial"]€20 (~$29). It will stay that low until the end of summer.[/font]
[font="Arial"]The demo is now updated too - so you can try some of the new features - click here to download![/font]
[font="Arial"]You can see other features here, in the demo video:
[/font]
[font="Arial"]There are also some tutorials created that should introduce you to the world of possibilities of Texture Designer:[/font]
[font="Arial"][url="
]Tutorial 1: introduction
[/url][/font]
Tutorial 2: focus blur
snake5
snake5
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Since the work on this tool got slower with every day, I decided not to wait for "the killer version" v2 and release what I have now (spritesheet animations, particle rendering) as version 1.6.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]large_niceInterface.png
[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The [url="http://cragegames.com/sites/default/files/TexDesigner/TDSetup.exe"]demo[/url] has most of the new features.
You can see what I could make with the new feature set here:[/font]
[font="Verdana"]http://cragegames.com/blog/animations-texture-designer[/font]
[font="Verdana"]http://cragegames.com/blog/resynthesizer-texture-designer
[/font]
[font="Verdana"]http://cragegames.com/blog/texture-designer-epic-win-2[/font]
bubu LV
bubu LV
However, I'm doubtful about compatibility with all the distros/hardware setups that I couldn't possibly test the app in.


That is why you should create .deb/.rpm package that will require all the needed dependencies (no need to distribute Qt or DevIL shared libraries). And software package installer for distro will install those dependencies automatically. I'm even not sure you are distributing Qt correctly. At minimum it requires LGPL.txt file.

Also launching application so it uses shared libraries from same directory as executable requires additional environment variable "hacking". Dumb users won't be able to launch your application.

CHM is also not native documentation format in Linux world. PDF or simply HTML file would be much better.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.