Original Post
Hey,
I was wondering what people do for the first person weapon in a deferred engine. I know that some engines render the first person weapon with a different field-of-view, so the artists can make it look exactly the way they want. Now I was thinking of doing the same thing for a deferred engine. In the lighting pass, I have to get back from pixel coordinates to view space. Now the view space is different for normal pixels vs FP weapon pixels. So unless I store the view information in the g-buffer as well, it should be technically impossible to calculate the correct pixel position, right? What do other deferred engines do? Hybrid approach (render weapon with forward renderer and everything else deferred)?
- Lutz
I was wondering what people do for the first person weapon in a deferred engine. I know that some engines render the first person weapon with a different field-of-view, so the artists can make it look exactly the way they want. Now I was thinking of doing the same thing for a deferred engine. In the lighting pass, I have to get back from pixel coordinates to view space. Now the view space is different for normal pixels vs FP weapon pixels. So unless I store the view information in the g-buffer as well, it should be technically impossible to calculate the correct pixel position, right? What do other deferred engines do? Hybrid approach (render weapon with forward renderer and everything else deferred)?
- Lutz