Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[Volunteer] Programmer

Started by gemini_ Jul 11, 2011 at 8:18 AM 6 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
gemini_
gemini_
Hello, I'm a programmer in my senior year of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a concentration in software engineering.

Languages that I know: C/C++, C#, Java.
API's I'm familiar with: DirectX 9 and 10, XNA, and a little bit of OpenGL.
I'm open to learn new languages and API's it usually doesn't take me long to get familiar with new concepts.

If you could use an extra hand on a project feel free to PM me or send an email to erowas05 at gmail dot com, thanks.
snug
snug
E-mailed
http://snugsound.com/
gemini_
gemini_
Looking for a project pm/email me if interested, thanks.
derek_of_bodom@hotmail.com
derek_of_bodom@hotmail.com
Seeing that you've got plenty of other people asking for your help here, I feel it's not necessary to message you; However, I'm currently working on a game engine with a friend, and we could use an extra hand on the project. We're using C++, and DirectX9. We're planning on implementing our own scripting language as well. Most of the work that needs to be done is brainstorming for HOW the engine needs to be written. We've only started the project recently, and we're only gathering ideas for how we want everything to be done. I'll gladly take anyone on to the team, but there will most likely not be any payment. There is a possibility that when the project is done, we will make it open-source, and allow donations, but there are no guarantees.

If you want more information on this engine, it is called Nyx. The plan is for the engine to make it possible to create an entire game without writing a single line of code. Of course, you would need the proper editors, but mostly everything needed for the game will be included in the map files. We're thinking that when this project is done, it should technically be possible to create a single executable with the engine, and create a game solely based on the content of the map files.

https://github.com/DerekF/NyxEngine

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.