Original Post
Hello, i have never used this forum or website before, and i haven't found any topics about this, but i need help on how to enter the door way of game development. I am 18 if it helps.
What is the best way to get into the game development field? I know BASIC (i read 90% of a book on basic C++) C++ programming. I like more of the artistic side tho. I have UDK, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk Maya, and Autodesk 3ds max. I also have Google Sketchup (and am pretty good at it...if i may say so myself). I have only made 2 sculptures in Mudbox, both are busts (just trying to learn how to use it right now). I could attach those if needed.
Would it be best for me to try to create a small game myself? or try to assemble a dev. team to make one? I just have no clue.
If any other information is needed to help answer my question, please ask!
thanks!!
What is the best way to get into the game development field? I know BASIC (i read 90% of a book on basic C++) C++ programming. I like more of the artistic side tho. I have UDK, Autodesk Mudbox, Autodesk Maya, and Autodesk 3ds max. I also have Google Sketchup (and am pretty good at it...if i may say so myself). I have only made 2 sculptures in Mudbox, both are busts (just trying to learn how to use it right now). I could attach those if needed.
Would it be best for me to try to create a small game myself? or try to assemble a dev. team to make one? I just have no clue.
If any other information is needed to help answer my question, please ask!
thanks!!