Original Post
Greetings!
I'm currently trying to add transitions to my different tiletypes. But I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how.
I've read this article on terrain transitions, but even though I understand the theory behind it, I can't quite figure out the smartest way to do it.
The method in the article creates 32 images, with which you can make the 256 possible terrain transitions.

So far so good. I can easily understand it, and in theory I know perfectly well what to do. But how do I calculate how and when I need 2 of the transitions shown at the same time.
For example if I needed a transition like this:

I'm sure/hope it's just something I haven't thought about, and probably an easy question to answer
I'm currently trying to add transitions to my different tiletypes. But I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how.
I've read this article on terrain transitions, but even though I understand the theory behind it, I can't quite figure out the smartest way to do it.
The method in the article creates 32 images, with which you can make the 256 possible terrain transitions.
So far so good. I can easily understand it, and in theory I know perfectly well what to do. But how do I calculate how and when I need 2 of the transitions shown at the same time.
For example if I needed a transition like this:

I'm sure/hope it's just something I haven't thought about, and probably an easy question to answer











