Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Ecosystem Generator

Started by tgraupmann Jul 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM 1 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
tgraupmann
tgraupmann
My friend Kenny and I put together a package for Unity to auto generate foliage easily on a mesh from within Unity.
[media]
[/media]

The Modo Vimeo user group came out, so I recorded a video of making a mesh in Modo, importing that to Unity, and then throwing some foliage on to that.
[media]http://vimeo.com/25795617[/media]

Here's some renders of the example scene in the PRO version of Unity.

The unity pro version supports camera effects.

The Ecosysem Generator works in the free version of Unity without the cool camera effects.

We plan on adding many more types of foliage.

An undocumented feature is that you can paint foliage on a mask. I'm trying to work that into an editor script so that it works without having to "play" the scene.

The Unity extension is available in the Unity asset store.
http://u3d.as/1Y1

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
tgraupmann
tgraupmann
I've added support to import your own foliage items.

Youtube: [media]
[/media]

Vimeo: [media]http://vimeo.com/26701662[/media]

shot3_thumb.jpg
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
tgraupmann
tgraupmann
[html][/html]


Here you can see how to publish to Android and get the Ecosystem Generator working on your phone:
[media]
[/media]
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.