Original Post
OK...
I am designing this resources based strategy game for my masters project , and I have a few hurdles I am stuck on, for which I would greatly appreciate any kind of suggestion.
Game description: 4 kinds of resources- people, food, wood and houses. No graphics (so that I can actually spend time on AI, I may design on if I have time)... They all are linked and there are various connections. Eg: a house can have 3 people, people need food after every 1 minute, people are needed to grow food and cut wood as well, etc etc... I know this seems lame and can easily fit an equation. So, for making it interesting I included earthquakes and random things (u can imagine ... though this is lame too ).
Problem:-
1: How to should I approach AI ?
Sol.s I have got from people I know : Go for a GA and optimize every move.... or put them in a table and design FSA for them. Etc etc
At this point, I have plenty of time, and I am a bit confused. I have thought of making two AI players and make them play against a human player or among each other. My basic aim is to see how actually AI comes up in modelling the strategy of the game... or say modelling life ( maybe).
I know I am a beginner.
Apologies if I have written or done something wrong, but please don't crash on me with your critics on my post.
Thanks.
I am designing this resources based strategy game for my masters project , and I have a few hurdles I am stuck on, for which I would greatly appreciate any kind of suggestion.
Game description: 4 kinds of resources- people, food, wood and houses. No graphics (so that I can actually spend time on AI, I may design on if I have time)... They all are linked and there are various connections. Eg: a house can have 3 people, people need food after every 1 minute, people are needed to grow food and cut wood as well, etc etc... I know this seems lame and can easily fit an equation. So, for making it interesting I included earthquakes and random things (u can imagine ... though this is lame too ).
Problem:-
1: How to should I approach AI ?
Sol.s I have got from people I know : Go for a GA and optimize every move.... or put them in a table and design FSA for them. Etc etc
At this point, I have plenty of time, and I am a bit confused. I have thought of making two AI players and make them play against a human player or among each other. My basic aim is to see how actually AI comes up in modelling the strategy of the game... or say modelling life ( maybe).
I know I am a beginner.
Apologies if I have written or done something wrong, but please don't crash on me with your critics on my post.
Thanks.