Original Post
Hi all;
I'm looking for some kind of software delivery system for customers. Basically, we want to set up a way for my company to keep track of customers' software purchases, and allow them to download copies from our website. We'd want to allow users to see a complete list of all their purchased software, and provide temporary download links for each one. If they've purchased "update" subscriptions, then the they would also have access to newer versions of the software; if not, then they can only download the "older" versions.
This is not necessarily for game software; we have some enterprise applications that we offer.
I figure this has to be built into some of the open-source eCommerce packages out there, but I can't seem to find the right combination of Google keywords to use, to find the features I'm looking for.
Does anyone know of software that can do this? Paid or open-source; it doesn't matter.
[Edit: if this would be better suited for "Web Development", then please accept my apologies, and relocate this thread]
I'm looking for some kind of software delivery system for customers. Basically, we want to set up a way for my company to keep track of customers' software purchases, and allow them to download copies from our website. We'd want to allow users to see a complete list of all their purchased software, and provide temporary download links for each one. If they've purchased "update" subscriptions, then the they would also have access to newer versions of the software; if not, then they can only download the "older" versions.
This is not necessarily for game software; we have some enterprise applications that we offer.
I figure this has to be built into some of the open-source eCommerce packages out there, but I can't seem to find the right combination of Google keywords to use, to find the features I'm looking for.
Does anyone know of software that can do this? Paid or open-source; it doesn't matter.
[Edit: if this would be better suited for "Web Development", then please accept my apologies, and relocate this thread]