Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[web] Bug in HTML5/JS game

Started by JohnDean Jul 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM 4 replies 2k views
Original Post
JohnDean
JohnDean
I am in the process of making a Pokemon style game, but I have a bug. (Game attached)


If you stand still for 1+ minutes, or change areas too quickly, the walking becomes very slow. After hours of debugging I have found no reason for this.

Any ideas/fixes?
debone
debone
In google Chrome I did not experienced any lag in walking, but in Firefox it does bug, maybe just a engine glitch in SpiderMonkey.
Which browser you're trying debugging?
## Volt-z web design
http://volt-z.com



JohnDean
JohnDean
Chrome.
JohnDean
JohnDean
On the upside, I fixed that bug.
It was doing too many updates a second.
debone
debone
You should rewrite most part of your code, organize it in pieces of logic parts, like controls, rendering and maths. You need to organize your variables names too. Soon it'll get so complicated that you'll not be able to start coding without spending some hours reading and trying to understand your code
## Volt-z web design
http://volt-z.com



JohnDean
JohnDean
I don't think I need to re-write it just yet, but soon I will.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.