Original Post
Hello again.
Several days ago I was on these forums, determined to make my first game, a text based rpg. I got the help I needed then continued with my project. I read an article about how C++ is a bad beginner language and you should start with a simpler language. That's when I realized that I had been working on a text-based game for a week and hadn't even done the hard stuff.
Should I continue with C++? I have been learning it for almost 2 months, so I am rluctant to give up. But C#,C, or maybe even python/java, are supposed to be more productive and beginner friendly.
So what do you recommend? I want to be productive and I also want to be able to create a halfway decent 3D game. In your answer, could you list your experience?
Several days ago I was on these forums, determined to make my first game, a text based rpg. I got the help I needed then continued with my project. I read an article about how C++ is a bad beginner language and you should start with a simpler language. That's when I realized that I had been working on a text-based game for a week and hadn't even done the hard stuff.
Should I continue with C++? I have been learning it for almost 2 months, so I am rluctant to give up. But C#,C, or maybe even python/java, are supposed to be more productive and beginner friendly.
So what do you recommend? I want to be productive and I also want to be able to create a halfway decent 3D game. In your answer, could you list your experience?