Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

DELETE!

Started by bartos-98 Aug 22, 2011 at 4:58 PM 20 replies 4.1k views
Original Post
bartos-98
bartos-98
DELETE THIS
bartos-98
bartos-98
*BUMP* Positions still available
Syerjchep
Syerjchep
>Me- Concept Art, whole game, rating the projects, organise the workers
>whole game
What the fuck does that mean?
You're making the whole game?
So you don't need help then?
Or do you mean you're like, a programmer?

Sounds like an "idea man" kind of preposal, but I wouldn't know.


Oh, and you're not being influenced by say, black ops at all, are you?
Cause you know, game about the milatary, called blood ops.
bartos-98
bartos-98
Sorry, I typed whole game, in kind of i am "embracing" the whole game

What's the game called Blood Ops?
Syerjchep
Syerjchep

Sorry, I typed whole game, in kind of i am "embracing" the whole game

What's the game called Blood Ops?

So your only actual contribution is concept art?
And no there isn't a game called Blood Ops to my knowledge, it's just that, well, sounds like you want to make something based off Black Ops.
bartos-98
bartos-98
Concept art, ideas, managment <--- My job!

Black Ops it's diffrent then Blood Ops, and it's not based on Black Ops, it's currently another game, maybe it sounds simmilar, but our game will be special.

You want to apply for any profile, of crew?
stupid_programmer
stupid_programmer
You should post up some of the concept art you have made for the game already You have at least done some work on your own before running here trying to get a bunch of people to make a game for you, right? It might dissuade a few people that you aren't just an idea guy. As that essentially is what it sounds like you are asking for. You throw out a bunch of ideas, make a few rough sketches, and everybody else does the hard work of implementing the ideas and you still get a bigger cut of the 'profits'. Its a very tired song and dance played out here daily. You are going to have to set yourself apart if you want people to join your project that would have any kind of skill of actually completing it. Even with an engine of Unreal 3 caliber it takes professionals a few years and a few million dollars to make a 'modern' FPS.
geolycosa
geolycosa

THE ARTIST
Good at drawing, digital or hand-job


I would reword this...
Will Miller | Game Designer | Big Huge Games
Mariachi
Mariachi

[quote name='kalashnikovpl' timestamp='1314032318' post='4852390']
THE ARTIST
Good at drawing, digital or hand-job


I would reword this...
[/quote]

Crud, I would have been the perfect guy...
bartos-98
bartos-98
@stupid_programmer I will put up some arts soon, we currently have few. Not few milions, we currently didn't used any money, and we already have few basic systems, models, sounds, so it's not like you say.

@Mariachi and geolycosa If yo uwant to apply for artist job, send me e-mail: bartekinteractive@tlen.pl or add me on Skype: bartinkopl
stupid_programmer
stupid_programmer

@stupid_programmer I will put up some arts soon, we currently have few. Not few milions, we currently didn't used any money, and we already have few basic systems, models, sounds, so it's not like you say.


You should really specify what 'modern' means in the context of your game. When I see the word I think of a game like Black Ops which did take a couple years and several million to make. If you just mean you want to use game features/modes that are found in newer FPS then you need to be a little more clearer about it. You can't get good help if you can't clearly define your objectives.
bartos-98
bartos-98
"Modern" = In current times, means the almost all action is based in 2012,2013, current years. The art will be posted soon.
bartos-98
bartos-98
*BUMPING* Composer seat taken;
bartos-98
bartos-98
*BUMPING* THE POSTIONS ARE STILL OPEN!
Syerjchep
Syerjchep

@Mariachi and geolycosa If yo uwant to apply for artist job, send me e-mail: bartekinteractive@tlen.pl or add me on Skype: bartinkopl

I'm sorry, but really?
They made no indication of this whatsoever and simply pointed out that you need your artists to be good at handjobs. (and that's odd)
bartos-98
bartos-98
I changed it, you pervets.

You have anything to my nick? I can also say that 0 in your name, means that you don't know what's "pointing out", huh? [color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]I think that joking with someone's nickname is really below any limit.[/font]
MoritzPGKatz
MoritzPGKatz
Hello,
Just some quick feedback on your presentation. Hope that's okay with you, and this goes for a lot of "Wanted" posts here, actually.

When I click on your website, it tries to redirect me to "http://www.gamedev.net/bartekinteractive.tk" - put "http://www." in front of your link to fix that.

Have a native speaker check your site... e.g., when you write "Few people joined us", it means that "Not many people have joined us", I'm sure that's not what you tried to say.

If possible in any way, avoid advertisements on your team's website, especially the "flirt-chat" kind. When I see your plea for sponsors under your logo and scroll down to see half-naked ladies inviting me to chat, it makes me wonder if you're really serious about game development.

Also, I agree with stupid_programmer - if you're a concept artist yourself, why not post concept art? Actions speak louder than words, old saying but still true.

Cheers,
Moritz
Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de
m4uesviecr
m4uesviecr
I see you have one more spot available for a composer.

If you get to a point within your project where you feel another composer would be needed (or even preferred), don't hesitate to PM me with details and an offer!

There are plenty of people within the company who would be able to take on this project alongside the composer you have currently.
bartos-98
bartos-98

Hello,
Just some quick feedback on your presentation. Hope that's okay with you, and this goes for a lot of "Wanted" posts here, actually.

When I click on your website, it tries to redirect me to "http://www.gamedev.net/bartekinteractive.tk" - put "http://www." in front of your link to fix that.

Have a native speaker check your site... e.g., when you write "Few people joined us", it means that "Not many people have joined us", I'm sure that's not what you tried to say.

If possible in any way, avoid advertisements on your team's website, especially the "flirt-chat" kind. When I see your plea for sponsors under your logo and scroll down to see half-naked ladies inviting me to chat, it makes me wonder if you're really serious about game development.

Also, I agree with stupid_programmer - if you're a concept artist yourself, why not post concept art? Actions speak louder than words, old saying but still true.

Cheers,
Moritz




Sorry!

I think the website link should work now.

Sorry, I didn't meant "Not many people joined us", I fixed it up.

About advertisments - we have currently only two, but I should place them in better place, you are right, about the kind of ads, they are random, hosted by Google Ads, so it isn't my choose, what kind of advertisments they are posting.

Sure, we are just setting up the gallery, look on our website and the pictures will be up soon!

Thanks for feedback Moritz, we really appreciate every opinion and a post.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.