Original Post
I am started to play with Dx11 and want to populate my little programs with different models.
I found a C++ algorithm that generates spheres (with different parameters of amount of vertices it generates).
But I’d like to use other models, like bagels, cars, trees and so on in order to diversify new toy-programs.
I am a C++ programmer, not an artist (yet =)
Now I can’t use tools like 3dMax.
But I can extract raw data from some files (using C++) if I know structure of that file
Can anyone give me an idea from what source can I get the models and description of formats that models stored in?
The easiest way of extracting data from that files is the better for me.
Is there open source models?
Thanks in advance.
I found a C++ algorithm that generates spheres (with different parameters of amount of vertices it generates).
But I’d like to use other models, like bagels, cars, trees and so on in order to diversify new toy-programs.
I am a C++ programmer, not an artist (yet =)
Now I can’t use tools like 3dMax.
But I can extract raw data from some files (using C++) if I know structure of that file
Can anyone give me an idea from what source can I get the models and description of formats that models stored in?
The easiest way of extracting data from that files is the better for me.
Is there open source models?
Thanks in advance.