Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Problem Implementing SSAO

Started by Mick93 Sep 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM 4 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
Mick93
Mick93
Hi Guys. I'm new to this forum.

I hope you can help me whit a very big problem I've got.

The fact is that I really need to implement a SSAO algorithm like the one described in the topic "A Simple and Practical Approach to SSAO"
found here in my XNA 3.1 deferred rendering engine (built from Catalin Zima's tutorial), but I just can't figure out how to do it.

I'm just wondering if someone cuold please explain it clearly to me or (if he's got it) send me a sample with something similar.
I've chosen the implementation described on this forum because it's really much better than the Crysis one which can be found on the XNA Community
(I've also tried implementing that one but with no results).

Please help me. I've looked all over the internet but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
Mick93
Mick93
Sorry if I'm bumping this post, but I REALLY need help.
Please.
Hodgman
Hodgman
What have you tried and which part of that are you having trouble with?
Mick93
Mick93
I've tried setting up the SSAO from this site first. But I couldn't get it working.
However I would much more prefer to implement the ambient occlusion described in this forum (the one I've linked in the first post).

The fact is that I'm not really sure of the process I have to follow to set up SSAO in a deferred renderer.
lukesmith123
lukesmith123
The document you linked in your first post explains this in detail.
Mick93
Mick93
Yes I know.
The problem is that I'm still a novice at programming. That's why I would really
appreciate some more explanations, especially related to a possible
implementation into Catalin Zima's example.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.