Original Post
I've been working on a SlimDX application using VC# 2010 express edition. I ran into a few problems when attempting to deploy it on another PC..
The target machine is XP SP3, and has .NET framework 4.0 installed, I also ran the slimdx runtime installer (and installed the vc++ 2010 runtime and the directx runtimes just to be absolutely sure).
When attempting to run the application, i ran into an error stating that it could not load the slimdx dll or one of it's dependencies.
After a lot of searching (with no luck), and running dependency walker on it (also with no luck, the only reported issues were with DX10 and WPF related stuff which are not relevant here) I started looking closer at the slimdx dll itself. After opening it with a hex editor, i found the manifest.
While the slimdx runtime installer installed the vc++ 2010 runtimes, and dependency walker says that the dll links to that version, the manifest in the dll claims to require Microsoft.VC90.CRT (the vc++ 2008 runtime). installing this runtime on the target machine gets everything up and running again.
I've checked and rechecked the version of the slimdx dlls, and they seem to be the current versions (march 2011) - Am I missing something here? did i make some stupid basic mistake, or is this a real problem in the march 2011 slimdx dll files? I'm assuming that this is my mistake since i can't find any reference to this elsewhere (although i did find a number of threads regarding similar deployment issues).
The target machine is XP SP3, and has .NET framework 4.0 installed, I also ran the slimdx runtime installer (and installed the vc++ 2010 runtime and the directx runtimes just to be absolutely sure).
When attempting to run the application, i ran into an error stating that it could not load the slimdx dll or one of it's dependencies.
After a lot of searching (with no luck), and running dependency walker on it (also with no luck, the only reported issues were with DX10 and WPF related stuff which are not relevant here) I started looking closer at the slimdx dll itself. After opening it with a hex editor, i found the manifest.
While the slimdx runtime installer installed the vc++ 2010 runtimes, and dependency walker says that the dll links to that version, the manifest in the dll claims to require Microsoft.VC90.CRT (the vc++ 2008 runtime). installing this runtime on the target machine gets everything up and running again.
I've checked and rechecked the version of the slimdx dlls, and they seem to be the current versions (march 2011) - Am I missing something here? did i make some stupid basic mistake, or is this a real problem in the march 2011 slimdx dll files? I'm assuming that this is my mistake since i can't find any reference to this elsewhere (although i did find a number of threads regarding similar deployment issues).