Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Organizations to seek out?

Started by Ravich Sep 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM 1 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
Ravich
Ravich
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend someorganizations that would be a good starting point for networking with peopleinvolved in game development but particularly the audio/music side of things.I’m looking primarily for local opportunities, although anything works as astarting point. I’m based in Oregon, by the way, so Portland is great ifpossible

nsmadsen
nsmadsen

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend someorganizations that would be a good starting point for networking with peopleinvolved in game development but particularly the audio/music side of things.I’m looking primarily for local opportunities, although anything works as astarting point. I’m based in Oregon, by the way, so Portland is great ifpossible




Look up GANG - which is a community of audio pros and amateurs alike. It costs money but I believe for someone just starting out - it's pretty reasonably priced. Tons of great discussion and info there plus you'll get a chance to network with some really fine audio folks. Other than that, more generic networking sites like LinkedIn and others also work well.
Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX
bschmidt1962
bschmidt1962
There's also the Interactive Audio Special Interest Group (ia-sig), which is affiliated with the MMA. www.iasig.org
Best way to network is to go to events these various groups put on. And while there, don't be a wall flower (but don't be obnoxious, either).
Brian Schmidt Executive Director, GameSoundCon: GameSoundCon 2016:September  27-28, Los Angeles, CA     Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC Music Composition & Sound Design<

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.