Original Post
Hello,
I have a computer that isn't compatible with many Linux distributions. It works with Ubuntu 10.04, but you have to compile the wireless adapter driver, and that is a pain. And when I try to upgrade to the newest version of
Ubuntu, my computer croaks. I can revert to using Windows, but I enjoy learning about Linux and mainly came to love it just from reading about the developers of the C programming language and their Unix antics. My favorite computer program is called "fortune," which keeps me occupied for hours at a time. And I love Firefox and OpenOffice and think open-source software increases the development of interesting and offbeat software.
Should I get a "Certified Linux" laptop?
Thanks,
Lee
I have a computer that isn't compatible with many Linux distributions. It works with Ubuntu 10.04, but you have to compile the wireless adapter driver, and that is a pain. And when I try to upgrade to the newest version of
Ubuntu, my computer croaks. I can revert to using Windows, but I enjoy learning about Linux and mainly came to love it just from reading about the developers of the C programming language and their Unix antics. My favorite computer program is called "fortune," which keeps me occupied for hours at a time. And I love Firefox and OpenOffice and think open-source software increases the development of interesting and offbeat software.
Should I get a "Certified Linux" laptop?
Thanks,
Lee